As you may have heard, we are doing a series here on Inspired by Life…and Fiction, called “10 Things You Might Not Know About Me.” Today is my turn. Here are 10 things you may not (yet) know about me:
- I live in St. Paul now, but I am originally from Chicago. Most of my relatives moved away decades ago, but at every family wedding, the Blues Brother’s song “Sweet Home, Chicago” still fills the dance floor.
2. I am 50% German and 50% Lithuanian.
3. As a girl, I wanted to be a mermaid, then a marine biologist, then a writer. Third dream is the charm.
4. I’m 5′ 10″ (or I was :)) and the shortest one in my family. I have a hard time finding shoes to fit my size 10.5 D/E feet.
5. I became a Christian my last year of college.
6. I love to dance. I used to teach ballroom dancing through community ed and
recently took adult beginning tap dance with friends from church.
7. I have two brothers, which makes me the adaptable chameleon middle child.
8. I don’t feel at home in the mountains, in the desert, or near the ocean. My “natural habitat” is the woods. I love walking in the woods and on pine needles in particular.
9. Twenty-six years ago, I was invited by friends to a game night at a little yellow house, hosted by some guy I didn’t know. I married him a year later. We still live in that
yellow house (although he added on, so it’s not quite so little anymore).
10. I was employed as a fiction editor for about a dozen years. I had the awesome privilege of working with great authors like Beverly Lewis, Deanne Gist, Lisa Wingate, and others. I learned so much from them!
Now, what are some things we might not know about YOU?
Latest posts by Julie Klassen (see all)
- Gone To My Happy Place - September 12, 2017
- On the Trail of (Often Obscure) History - August 22, 2017
- The Jane Austen Festival: Looking Forward, Looking Back - August 8, 2017