“It is finished.”
Those words of Jesus when he was dying on the cross resonated within me last week, and still do.
From before time began, he knew what his mission would be. He knew what it would cost. And I can only begin to imagine what he felt in that moment to know that he’d fully glorified the Father, that he’d sealed our redemption, that he’d done exactly what he’d come to do. What amazing love. What steadfast strength and determination. I’m so grateful.
And I needed the reminder this past week that Jesus SHOUTED those words. “IT IS FINISHED!” It was a joyful shout of victory that reached beyond time and throughout the universe.
I love the Word of God. It becomes dearer to me every year—and it’s largely because of BSF. Bible Study Fellowship.
If you haven’t heard of Bible Study Fellowship…
As they share on their website, BSF is an in-depth, interdenominational Bible study that helps people know God and equips them to effectively serve the Church throughout the world. And it’s enriched my life—my marriage, my role as a mom, my friendships, my writing, my day-to-day living—more than anything else I’ve ever done.
Because it requires me to be in the Word of God. And frankly, I need the accountability. Accountability is a great thing.
I’m ashamed to admit it, but I wouldn’t regularly be in the Word of God nearly as much—studying deeply, exploring God’s Word, God’s nature, his eternal plan in Christ— without the accountability this organization provides me.
In short, BSF encourages you to learn four ways:
1) By studying the Scriptures on your own
2) By studying those same Scriptures together in a small group, sharing what you’ve learned in your private study (LOVE my small group—what a treasure these women are!)
3) Through a teaching leader who delivers a message about those Scriptures in a corporate setting (where all the various small groups meet together)
4) And finally, through fabulous teaching notes that take you in-depth into the Word about that section of Scripture, giving background information on the culture, the life of Christ, and ways to apply what you’ve learned to your life
BSF has changed my life. And I invite you to let it change yours through the power of God’s Word.
Next year we’re studying the book of Romans (we’re just finishing the Gospel of John), and there are “Welcomes” for the upcoming Fall 2017/Spring 2018 study of Romans being held in the next two weeks at the various BSF locations around the world.
So if you’re interested in attending, please check the BSF website to see if/where groups are meeting in your area.
Blessings on your Tuesday—and hope to “see” you in BSF next year! Are you already in BSF? Attended in the past? Give a shout out!
And now…off to take Capn’ Murphy for a walk. He’s been whining at the front door, bless him. And is now flipping his empty food bowl. #needsattention
Each month I host giveaways on my website strictly for readers who want to stay connected! It’s my way of saying thanks!
Latest posts by Tamera Alexander (see all)
- HUGE Release Day Celebration Giveaway (30+ prizes) - August 15, 2017
- Favorite podcasts & blogs…and a GIVEAWAY! Today only! - August 1, 2017
- A sweet visit, an August 8th release—and 30 GIVEAWAYs! - July 18, 2017