In two days we are packing up the van and heading to Florida. WooHoo! Twenty hours in the car with three teenagers. What could be more fun? Actually, my kids are pretty good travelers as long as everyone has the appropriate tech gear (computers, tablets, etc.) so I’m not too worried. In fact, I hope to get some writing done during those travel hours. And with Disney World as the reward at the end of the road, I’ll be motivated.
When I saw that RWA’s conference this year was going to be in Orlando, I knew we would have to go and make a family vacation out of it. When my novella The Husband Maneuver finaled in the RITA contest, it was decided. We were going.
Not wanting my kids to have all the fun, though, I made sure to book us some extra days before and after the conference so I could join in the fun. I’ll be skipping out in the evenings during the conference as well to join them.
In honor of my love for all things Disney, I thought I’d share a few of my favorites and take a poll to see what your favorites are. So here we go:
Favorite Animated Disney Films
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Rescuers
Favorite Disney Live Action Films
- Swiss Family Robinson
- The Journey of Natty Gann
- The Man from Snowy River
- Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken
Favorite Disney Songs
(I love them all, so these are just a few that came immediately to mind.)
- Let it Go – Frozen
- A Whole New World – Aladdin
- Kiss the Girl – The Little Mermaid (My husband courted me with this song, so it had to make the list.)
- I’ll Make a Man Out of You – Mulan
- On the Front Porch – Disney’s Summer Magic (This one is from 1963 and I first heard it on a Best of Disney CD. I fell in love with the feel of it, just sitting on the front porch swing with my honey at the end of the day. If you want to see the movie clip, click here.)
What are your favorite Disney movies and songs?
Added bonus: My “explosive” romance featuring a mad scientist hero and a mathematical heroine with a pirate dagger is on sale for only $1.99 this week. Grab a digital copy of Full Steam Ahead, or if you already have one, gift a copy to a friend.
The discount is available at all major retailers. Click the cover at the left for the Kindle version.