True to You, Book #1 in my new Bradford Sisters Romance series, releases this coming Tuesday! I’m celebrating in several ways, including today’s interview with cover model Joanna and a giveaway just for Inspired by Life and Fiction readers. (More about that at the end of this post!)
Many thanks to Joanna for graciously answering my questions. I think she did a fantastic job on True to You’s cover and I’m grateful to her.
Please tell me a little bit about yourself. I’m the youngest of three, born and raised in Minnesota. I work as an occupational therapist in a transitional care unit. I’m raising a border terrier mix puppy whose energy and curiosity keep me on my toes!
What are your hobbies? I love trying new things, but some activities I’ve always enjoyed are hiking, canoeing, traveling, reading, horseback riding and volunteering.
How did you become the cover model for True to You? One of my good friends works for Bethany House Publishers and thought I’d be a good fit for the character—it was a fun phone call to get! [Joanna’s good friend is Noelle, the Marketing Director at Bethany House.]
When you think back to the day of the cover shoot, what memories stick out? Right before me, a contestant from a network reality TV show was doing a photo shoot for the cover of a sci-fi thriller.
Nora is a modern day girl who enjoys dressing with vintage flair. The dress they selected for the shoot is lovely! Was the skirt that full naturally? To get volume in the skirt, two of the people on set stood on either side of me holding the hem of my dress; then, on the photographer’s cue, they would drop it to evoke that 1950’s silhouette.
What do you think of the finished cover? I think the entire team did an exceptional job creating a cover that captures the spirit of the character and her world! I hope it makes readers want to dive right into Nora’s story.
And now (just for fun) a quiz to see how similar you are to Nora Bradford, the heroine of True to You….
Are you an avid reader? Absolutely! At any given time, I’m probably in the middle of three different books.
Do you ever wear your hair in retro pin-up girl styles? As a model, my hair has been treated to many fascinating hairstyles!
Are you a passionate tea drinker? Yes, my sister went to school in England, and when I visited her, we made sure to try any number of teas.
Have you ever visited Washington state? No, but I have friends that live in Seattle and hope to make it out there soon!
Do you have a weakness for Navy SEALS? If I ever meet one, I’ll let you know!
Are you interested in history and genealogy? Yes, family is very important to me. I always love learning more about ancestors’ lives and the past.
Before I go, here are a few fun things I wanted to call your attention to, readers….
- Tuesday, May 2nd at 7pm at the Lincoln Park Barnes & Noble in Dallas I’ll be giving an author chat, handing out prizes, chatting with readers and signing books. p.s. There will be cookies. I’d love to see you there if you live near Dallas.
- There’s still time to read Then Came You, the prequel novella that introduces the Bradford family! It’s free for e-download and only $5.99 in print. For a list of retailers that carry Then Came You, click here.
- I’ll be donating half of what I earn on sales of True to You between May 2nd and May 9th to a wonderful organization that serves our veterans called Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. My Porter family characters were Marines and John Lawson, hero of True to You, is a former Navy SEAL. It’s been an honor to support our real life heroes through my fictional ones.
- Thursday, May 4th at 7pm CST on my Facebook author page I’ll be hosting a virtual launch party complete with a live video Q&A, presents, and fun. You’re invited!
Many thanks to everyone who entered the below giveaway! I loved reading all of your encouraging comments. Big congratulations to Patti Hansen, the winner. Enjoy!
Do you have anything in common with cover model Joanna?
Latest posts by Becky Wade (see all)
- Cover Reveal! - October 20, 2017
- The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck (and a giveaway!) - October 13, 2017
- Cover Matching Challenge and Giveaway - September 22, 2017