What’s the last vacation you’ve taken?
Me? Hilton Head Island in South Carolina—last week!
Joe, Murphy, Kelsey, me, Kurt
We love HHI and usually end up visiting there every 2-3 years or so. I love the beach. Only, I like it best in fall and winter. Strange, maybe. But since I’ve never been a sun goddess (I’m more the burn and peel variety), I love walking the beach instead of laying out. And give me a comfy hoodie and yoga pants over a swimsuit any day! LOL.
Path to the beach. The weather was perfect!
Did you know that…
- HHI is 12 miles long and 5 miles wide? And that the island was the first Eco-planned destination in the United States?
- Warmed year-round by the Gulf Stream, the average daytime temp in Hilton Head is 70 degrees. The average ocean temp is 69 degrees.
- HHI boasts 39,000 permanent residents—and 2.5 million visitors annually. Which is another reason I enjoy visiting during off-season!
- Our favorite place to eat at HHI? Skull Creek Boathouse. We went there three times during the week, and each meal was delicious!
- I averaged over 10,000 steps per day when we were there. Love walking the beach!
On our last evening
Now it’s back to reality and to low carb/Keto eating. I didn’t cheat that much, but I did have some bread (so good) and some ice cream* (be still my heart), and yet I already love being back into my routine. I’m working hard on the third book in the Belle Meade Plantation series entitled To Wager Her Heart, which is scheduled to release next fall. The cover should be ready to share soon!
*I’m making some Keto ice cream (low carb, gluten free) this week and will be sure to report back!
What’s the last vacation (or even a stay-cation) you’ve taken? Was it restful and refreshing (hope so!)? Where did you go and what did you do?
Me and Joe (above) with the kids (below) at Shelter Cove. Such good family time.
Latest posts by Tamera Alexander (see all)
- When time sneaks up! - May 16, 2017
- An Afternoon at Belmont Mansion | ebooks specials! - May 2, 2017
- Romantic Times Booklovers Convention—Atlanta, here we come! - April 26, 2017