Readers, did you know that you can be a blessing to authors in so many different ways?
During the release of my new YA book, An Uncertain Choice, I’ve been blessed in countless ways by my readers (new and old)! It’s been an exciting few weeks with lots of enthusiasm for my new book which has been really fun to see.
Readers have reached out to me in various ways, but I don’t think many of them realize how much their support and words of encouragement truly bless me. So I wanted to take the chance to publicly thank my awesome readers for all of your excitement. You guys totally rock!
I know I speak for all the authors here at Inspired by Life & Fiction when I say, “Thank you for all that you do to make being an author so fun and rewarding!”
What are some of the ways my readers have blessed me recently? Here are just a few of the many things they’ve done:
• Written me encouraging emails or Facebook messages.
• Take pictures of themselves (or their pets) with my book and posted them on Facebook or Pinterest. (Here are a few. Don’t you just love them?!)
• Created graphics of quotes from the books. (Here are a couple of the pictures. Aren’t they beautiful?!)
• Asked for and passed out bookmarks to their circles of influence. (In fact, I sent out TWO batches of bookmarks to one of my readers after she used up the first stack I sent her!)
• Hosted me for a blog tour featuring my new release.
• Written and posted reviews on online bookstores, Goodreads, and their personal blogs.
• Used the Discussion Guide with groups of girls.
• Talked about the book with friends, family, and students.
• Consistently and happily shared all of my graphics, giveaways, and promotions regarding the book.
I could go on and on with all of the things readers have done not just with my new release but with previous books as well.
The truth is, dear readers, that YOU make all the hard work of being an author so worthwhile! Thanks for reading our books, for enjoying them, and for getting excited about them. Your pleasure is one of the main reasons we keep writing!
Authors, what are some ways you’ve been blessed by your readers recently? And readers, did you realize that your enthusiasm means a lot to authors?
Latest posts by Jody Hedlund (see all)
- Why the Traditional Publication Process Takes So Long - November 17, 2017
- Before You Protest, Take a Lesson from Luther - October 30, 2017
- Why Getting Some Negative Reviews Can Be Positive - October 6, 2017