Over the years, readers have asked me offer a trip to England, so we could travel together to some of my favorite places and see settings from my books. It is something I thought I’d like to do a distant “someday.” But when a friend in the group travel business asked to meet with me about putting together such a trip, it seemed like “someday” might be sooner than I thought! Now I’m excited to share the England I love with reader-friends and fellow Anglophiles. Perhaps you’re one of them–do you love England, too? Or always dreamed of going there? I would love for you to join us! Perhaps you would like to travel with a friend or two, a spouse, or members of your book club. Or join the tour on your own and meet new friends with similar interests.
Here’s the basic itinerary:
- See thatched cottages, lovely gardens, and charming villages of the beautiful Cotswolds region.
- Spend time in the beautiful and historic city of Bath, with its connections to Jane Austen. Visit the Roman baths, Royal Crescent, museums, shops, and more.
- Tour impressive manor houses that inspire those in my books.
- Visit the scenic Devon coast, setting of The Painter’s Daughter and classics like Lorna Doone.
- Tour the idyllic National Trust village of Lacock, which has been used in filming Jane Austen adaptations, Cranford, etc., and serves as the model for the village in my new series, Tales from Ivy Hill.
- Enjoy delicious meals and afternoon tea in beautiful surroundings.
- Travel by private motor coach—let someone else worry about driving on the “wrong” side of the road! 🙂
- With the optional add-on, continue into the heart of London for two more days of unforgettable sightseeing before flying home.
Interested? Hope so! Sign up HERE and be first on the list to receive registration information, prices, and trip updates. Before long, you’ll be experiencing the beauty and history of England for yourself.